Saturday 28 September 2013

Day 271 - George, a very special soul. xx

Saturday 28th September

Our George is 16 today and I just want to write my own dedication to him.

This is easy for me because I consider George to be the heart beat of the family.  He makes us all tick and he is the most loved member of the family.  We all adore him and we all know that it will always be this way.  We have to give Harry and Molly and even his little brother Max some credit for setting fantastic examples as human beings.  But, that said, George would still rise to the top all by himself.  When souls were being given out George got an extra helping of goodness and that penetrates his whole life and speaks through the whole family.  Life is relatively simple for George.  He knows what is right and what is wrong and this guides all he does.  He doesn't do what the rest of us and get into shades of right and wrong to defend our behaviour.  He lives by a simple but very real sense of right and wrong and I have learnt so much from him as I have watched him grow. 

George, second from the left. 
 

From a very early age George began asking questions.  Most of them related to how the world works and he quickly developed a strong sense of fairness and natural justice.  As he turns 16 he has developed into a young man that simply can not and will not accept injustices.  He can't understand why there is poverty in the modern world so this motivates him to do what he can to help.  George is almost constantly involved in one charity project or another.  He likes to drill down to identify the main issue and then do what he can to help.  Compassion is, of course, a huge part of that but I think that George just sees a problem and a solution.  I sometimes think the rest of it over-complicate things.  George doesn't do over complication.

In the family we all beat to George's drum.  He makes almost no demand on the family and is a constant source of joy.  His respect for others is exemplary and if any of us behave badly we always feel bad if George sees it!  George and Max do everything together and are what I would describe as great pals.  But I might argue that the closest natural bond is between  George and Molly.  I think they are wired in a very similar way and they just get each other and that is always so evident. 

Most people who know George know that he can bake.  I mean he can really bake.  His cakes are now legendary and I have had ladies sign up for my courses knowing that George will be baking.  George can often be found in the kitchen baking dozens of cupcakes for a charity event and he may not even be attending that event. 

Perhaps less known is George's affection for dogs and in particular his own dog Fly.  Fly adores George and they are often seen tramping across the fields together.  George wants to work with dogs and recently helped out on a dog grooming session and really enjoyed it.  I don't think George will become a dog groomer though.  When we were looking for 'Fly' we visited a number of rescue centres.  In one there was a dog constantly running around in circles.  We were told that the dog was suffering from stress and I could feel George wanting to help.  I think George will eventually return to this and work with stressed dogs.  We shall see. 

I am proud of all my children and I feel that they have all developed into wonderful young people who have a great deal to give to the world.  With George it is somewhat more than that.  He seems to have the blueprint for life and I am thinking we should all simply download it and follow. 

That is our George.  We call him Mr George in the family. 

Happy Birthday George. 

Until tomorrow.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment