Tuesday 17 September 2013

Day 260 - a little wander. Xx

Tuesday 17th September

I am in the middle of a gentle wander around Ross on Wye finding myself by myself again!  The family are, I hope, flinging themselves off things from great heights.  I have had a lovely morning though so I mustn't grumble.  It began with a visit to the very old church which was a delight.  Although not a Christian I do find churches very peaceful places and it is always a chance to sit quietly and think of my father.  He was certainly not religious but strangely I feel closest to him in these environments.

A wander down the town and I spied and art shop.  Oh dear!  Quite a while later I emerged with more bits and pieces for my Christmas collection this year.  I must have been in there a while because they gave me a membership card.  I could now live here with my art shop membership and my library card.  I do love the area and Ross on Wye is my size of town.  I am so looking forward to my riverside walk later before meeting back up with the family.

We all watched the film Senna last night and if you haven't seen it you really must.  It was an amazing story about a man against himself.  He was beyond driven and beyond help.  But he was the greatest FI driver I have ever witnessed and I loved every minute of his journey.  I was watching the Grand Prix with my dad when the fatal accident happened.  We were silent and then my dad said 'that is it, his journey is over.'  It was the perfect thing to say at the perfect time.  Senna wouldn't have been able to retire from racing and live a more normal life.  The accident was his destiny.  All we could do was watch and mourn the most talented of men.  The film pulls together footage from his early days in karting right up to the accident and it is a story to end all stories.  We loved it.

I am off to the library now to access the local texts about the area because I am curious.  Posting my blog tomorrow may be impossible given our plans but I will write as always and post the following day.  The weather is being kind to us and I am sleeping really well and feeling fabulous.  Perhaps I will move here!

Until tomorrow.  Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment