Saturday 22 June 2013

Day 173 - footprints in the sand. xx

Saturday 22nd June

As it turned out it was quite a summer solstice this year.  A day of highs and lows punctuated with moments of careful reflection.  It ended with a fabulous night out with friends where the giggle radar went right off the scale.  Earlier in the day I wouldn't have thought that possible and that is entirely down to having such lovely friends.  I have always considered myself blessed because I have such lovely friends and these friendships help to ground me. In quieter moments yesterday I realised just how many close friends I have now.  That has rather crept up on me.  I take my friendships very seriously and try my best to be a good friend. 

Yesterdays post touched on the fact that I am relocating to Portsmouth for some time to help my dearest friend and almost as soon as it was posted the emails started coming in.  Emails from you guys offering kind words to my friend despite most of you not knowing her.  There was also lots of offers of support for me.  So this is how this little virtual thing appears to work now.  If I needed to support someone I then, in turn, feel supported by you guys.  Points of connection that now span the globe and operate in different time zones.  I woke this morning to emails from some of my lovely American readers offering kind and thoughtful words.  I am trying not to be overwhelmed by this reaction but, instead, take a step back and see what is happening.  Some how I appear to have created a small piece of the virtual world full to the brim with people who care and want to help other people.  Maybe this began with the Butterfly Tree project but maybe it began before that?  However and whenever it began I am completely humbled by it.  For me, it gives blogging a higher purpose and creates a real opportunity to create a cleansed space where we can offer support and friendship.

I had a dream last night and I was weaving the biggest spider web I had ever seen.  I just kept weaving and weaving with no sense it would ever be finished.  Occasionally, the weaving was interrupted and I scuttled at great speed to a point of connection on the web and, at this space, I felt incredibly lifted.  I repeated this scuttling over and over again as vibrations were felt at points of connection.  Slowly, I began to realise that other people had also scuttled at speed and were sometimes there ahead of me. 

I woke through the dream with an absolutely clear understanding of it.  The web is clearly our little virtual world and the points of connections are all of us.  In time we shall be able to lift each other as required and I see that as a critical part of the new site One soul, many hearts that will develop from this daily blog.  I want it to be a space that we can all turn to when we need lifting and also a space where we all invest in lifting others from time to time.  That could come through the message board on the forum, or through the sharing of a stunning photograph from the natural world or a poem written as a gift to us all.  These are just meant as examples but I hope they illustrate the potential of the site.  I don't subscribe to doom and gloom and I want to help create a space where that is firmly off the agenda.  It becomes very clear to me that this is becoming possible because of all of you.  I get a regular readership of between 150 and 250 a day and a profile that rarely changes.  This tells me that I have regular readers and so it you guys that are really making this a possibility.  Perhaps we are at a time when we are all getting a bit fed up with doom and gloom and a self centred approach to living.  Perhaps that is something that binds us on our very lively and busy little web. 

One of the emails that I received said 'I really hope that your soul sister feels better soon and although I don't know her I know you.  So through you I wish the very best for her.'  I rest my case.

It is a joy and a privilege to get to know so many of you and through me again I wish you all the very best in all that you do.  I know my soul sister will feel lifted before I even get there.  How utterly fabulous is that? 

Until tomorrow. xx

1 comment:

  1. Sending you love and energy to take with you on your journey physical and virtual. What you've done already is quite wonderful and I'm sure your friend will be able to draw strength from that.

    Lynn xx

    ReplyDelete