Sunday 9 June 2013

Day 160 - The business plan is clear. xx

Sunday 9th June
Not many plants left.....still plenty in the tunnel!
Another wonderful day in the sun on Hazelbank.  I met lots of lovely people who all came out to buy plants and support the Butterfly Tree charity.  Lots more cups of tea and cake was enjoyed as I told the story behind our fundraising campaign.  Once again feedback was that people felt more willing to support a smaller charity that worked with the local people in Zambia.  People continued to be amazed by the fact that where nets are distributed there are no new cases of Malaria.  A huge thank you to all who supported it.  A very rough count tells me that we have made approximately £70.00 for the charity, not bad for tea and cake!  The boys have a lot of counting of pennies to do because we also got lots of people emptying their vintage cups of loose change while they were with us. 

Break in proceedings as I suddenly remember I have chocolate in the fridge!



From a business point we are also delighted.  After the second day the feedback is very clear.  People like plants grown on the island and are looking for unusual plants.  I do unusual.  In addition, people love cut flowers grown on the island so my instincts were right.  This is where my focus will shift to while still growing potted plants for a couple of sale weekends a year.  There was quite a lot of interest in the boys business of willow growing so let's hope we have some sort of crop by the autumn.  It was another fabulous family project with everyone pulling together to make it work.  I couldn't have done it at all without my lovely Mum.  What a complete star. 

Attention now switches to my meditation through writing course which starts on Wednesday.  Quite  a bit to do before then including turning my sitting room into a little cocoon. I am so looking forward to getting underway. I am writing this course as I go so that I can absorb feedback.  The first month is almost ready to go and then we shall see.  I have set up a private forum so we can chat and keep each other in touch with what is working well and not so well.  It just needs to all come together by Wednesday - no pressure. 

Home school begins again tomorrow and I hope that we will be able to update our journal on the butterfly tree project.  This is turning out to be quite a story for the Doubleday family. 

I am hoping that you have all had a lovely weekend. I confess that I do need a little rain soon for all my plants but I hear a whisper it is on the way.  Me thinks a little rain jig will do it.
Until tomorrow. xx

1 comment: