Monday 8 July 2013

Day 189 - a remarkable talent - come and meet her. xx

Monday 8th July

The island is shimmering today as the light dances off the sea.  As I drove along the shore in my village there were people swimming in the sea and lots of children screaming with the excitement of it all.  I am guessing it is summer on Arran and we appear to have lots of visitors this week. 

I am acutely aware that have three friends you have tough days this week.  One today with an appointment at the hospital to find out about more treatment for skin cancer and this has made us all stop and think.  One tomorrow you attends his best friend's funeral following his untimely death which is a real wake up call.  The final friend has an appointment at the cardiologist on Wednesday.  All these people are approximately my age and their challenges have reminded me just how fortunate I am at this time.  Of course, I am wishing them all the best with their struggles.  All three of them are made of very strong stuff but I will be holding their hand in spirit. 

I want to introduce you to another friend.  Donna's daughter, Megan, was sent by the angels and is absolutely adorable.  It is rare to find beauty on the inside and the out but Megan has that winning combination while remaining completely grounded.  Megan looks after her mum and I love her even more for that.  I have known her since she was born and, now 15, she is one of my best friends. 

Megan is a very talented young artist who is just finding her artistic voice.  Her portfolio is full of drawings that touch you somehow and you just know this is where her future lies.  I also love her personal response journal where Megan considers the work of other artists and makes her own response.  This dialogue with the reader helps us to understand Megan, the artist. 

We have a very special birthday coming up soon and I have commissioned Megan to make the card.  I simply can't wait to see what she comes up with.  It is so important to encourage young people so if you have any feedback for Megan do let me know and I will make sure she gets it. 
 
Sadly, Megan suffers from acute asthma so her life is not always easy.  Her art is her saviour.  I am going to say no more....take a look -
 
Until tomorrow. xx
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment