Friday 7 June 2013

Day 158 - I wonder if I can persuade you?


Friday 7th June

Another glorious day on the island which is shining so bright you could see it from space.  Us islanders are feeling pretty blessed because we don't often have a run of lovely weather like this.  Please read that bit very quietly. 

This morning was all about the plant sale as the gazebo was out up last night so we could getting going before the tunnel got too hot in work in.  I love the mornings in the tunnel as it is in the shade and a little oasis of cool.  With help,  I managed to move out the first lots of plants to the gazebo and I must admit it looks like a plant sale!  We will be serving tea and cake for donations to the butterfly treecharity so George is on one of his huge bake offs. 
 
 
 
 
 
I must admit I didn't expect to be as organised at this with only the pricing and flower posies left to do.  Have I forgotten something?  Feeling calmed by my level of organisation I have spent most of the afternoon in the studio writing.  Can I just say that if you were thinking about the free online course 'meditation through writing' you should so join us!  I can not believe, firstly, how easy this has come to me and, secondly, how much I know about this subject!  For me this confirms the power of meditation.  I have been meditating for years, but intensively for over two years.  Over that time I have absorbed so much and it must be the right time to start sharing.  Linking meditation with writing has always seemed a natural thing to do and I love the way this course is taking shape.  This is my first online course so offering it free allows plenty of opportunities for feedback before moving forward again. 

Over the years I have tried most of the pills out there and most of the alternative therapies available to help me deal with the pain of fibromyalgia.  Living with pain on a daily basis can be very draining and your soul suffers the most.  Meditation has enabled me to replenish the soul and as such manage the pain better.  Often when I meditate I am pain free.  So I will stand up and wave my flag for the power of meditation.  But meditation has also offered me more creative inspiration than I can remember!  Delving into the sub conscious is not easy and takes considerable practice but you will be amazed at what is lurking in there.  A good meditation teacher will help you release any negative things in there and bring the positives into your conscious daily life.  Let us hope I am a good teacher. 

 
 
 
 
An online course is a challenge because meditation practice can be a dialogue between teacher and student.  I am going to challenge this dynamic and replace it with a dialogue between student and journal.  The journal will be the place that you can make sense of your meditation practice as it deepens and extends.  The journal will be a personal and creative tool that, I anticipate, will move you forward.  If I want one thing from the meditation exercises themselves it is that they teach you how to live in the moment.  If I achieve that I will be jigging!

So, if you want to join us do let me have your email address and a PDF will drop into your inbox once a month starting on the 12th June.  You then have a month to have a go at as many of the meditation and writing tasks as you like.  I will always be on the end of an email to chat through anything and as our practice grows I hope that we might share some of our experiences.  There is absolutely no pressure to share but for those of you who would like to the platform will be available. 

I am running a face-to-face version of the course at Hazelbank and I will be fascinated to see how the two compare.  Watch this space. 

Speaking to jigging, one of my favourite pastimes, I tackled the clouds of midges last evening to take this picture......
 
I obviously don't have to ask regular readers what it is but for the rest of you this is my borage just flowering in my bee and butterfly garden.  I was jigging so much I am surprised I got any picture at all.  The bees will now be making their way to Hazelbank  and we shall enjoy their company.  Every year, for years, I have grown lots and lots of things but every time something flowers or fruits that I grew from seed my breath is suspended.  This really is one of the greatest blessing there are.  

If you don't grow anything else grow borage because the bees will love you forever and I will too!

Until tomorrow.  Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment