Saturday 1 June 2013

Day 152 - perhaps a shocking truth?

Saturday 1st June
Saturday is a work day for the Doubleday family as we manage a couple of holiday properties through the season.  Today we were 6 so the jobs were done much quicker than usual but it still takes most of the day.  It is another lovely day on the island with just the occasional light shower. 

Sometimes I simply don't sleep and last night was one of those nights.  It doesn't really matter which pain killers I use they just don't seem to work so I just lie there.  By morning I am exhausted as I start my day and today was one of those days.  But I have learnt to take the good with the bad and try hard not to let it take me off course for too long.  Instead I do a very good impression of a zombie for the day and my family just let me get on with it. 

I have discovered that I can't really speak on days like to today.  It seems too much of an effort.  The advantage is the silence that fills my head.  I can't hear very well either so there I am locked in my own space and time.  It could be worse!  I try to do some gentle thinking on these days and so today I have moved on a little with my meditation through writing course.  I have another person signed up for the online version but there are still spaces if anyone fancies it.  I am so looking forward to putting writing at the front of meditation and then reversing it.  Writing should have an intuitive edge to it but sometimes that is hard to achieve.  I am hopeful that this course will give the participants some useful tools to support more intuitive writing.  Meditation does not subscribe to rules and has its own space and time.  This allows for intuition to bubble to the surface and we shall be there to capture it and use it to move our writing forward into new and exciting areas.  For all this to be achieved we must subscribe to the power of silence so today has helped my thinking.  I can't really function at my normal pace on days like today so I don't even try.  I have used today to embrace the silence a little and practice some of the meditation exercises that allow me to take myself into my own space and time despite being surrounded by people. 

Tomorrow is another day and all will turn right side up and I will be back in my beloved tunnel preparing for the plant sale next weekend. 

I wrote a piece last year that shocked me to the core and I have published it on my personal blog.  It was part of a portfolio for a competition and I am convinced it allowed me to win the entire competition.  There is something about this piece that drew more comments from the judges than almost any other piece I submitted.  Not all the comments related to the technique of writing as some of the women judges were so shocked they had to tell me that.  If writing grows from intuitive thought then it can also grow into a creative space where new rules are established.  This piece does not conform with rules we all understand and therefore it provokes a stronger response.  I learnt a lot from writing this piece.  I learnt to create original context and seek new interpretations but I also think I learnt something about myself.  I am sorry if this piece speaks more to women than men as it is not meant to exclude but see what you think. 

I offer this in place of a diary of my day because my day does not offer much.  I hope, however, that your days have been full of lovely moments and that your weekend is treasured. 

Until tomorrow. xx
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I'm so heartened by your bravery and ability to "go with the flow. Hope you're feeling better tomorrow. Will pray for healing to come your way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lynn, nothing a good nights sleep won't heal. Fingers crossed for tonight. Xx

    ReplyDelete