Sunday 20 October 2013

Day 293 - Important to know how to jig. xx

Sunday 20th October

At the beginning of this journey is was all about the discipline of writing something every day.  I am not sure I thought beyond that and I certainly didn't think about the potential readers.  That changed very quickly though and thank goodness it did.  For me blogging is all about the dialogue with the readers and those that forget that are missing an essential part of what it is to blog.  I knew I would be able to blog everyday because that was the challenge and I am good at challenges.  What I didn't know was how much the content would change the way I think.  I see the world differently now as I am always on the hunt for good content.  Consequently I notice more things and I observe more closely.  I feel more in touch with the world that I inhabit and I feel every bit the Scottish island mum that this blog has created.  It is a comfortable place to be and I would miss it terribly if it wasn't here anymore. 

So when I woke this morning to my giant mug of tea I logged on to see if my American readers had done their bit.  I never had any doubts that they would because some of my most loyal readers come from the US.  As I went to bed we were just under the 30,000 page views mark and we have now sailed right beyond that target.  In blogland that might not be huge but it is huge to me and I intend to jig for the entire week by way of a celebration.  I get my fair share of unique visitors in that figure but the majority is made up of people that visit again and again and, for that, I will always be incredibly grateful.  It might have been a bit of a lonely journey blogging every day for a year but the interaction with you guys has made it an absolute delight.    I have provided you with a little youtube link to help you with your jig....

 
Jig over and quite recovered I find myself once more thanking you for your kind and thoughtful messages.  Harry is doing a little better and the island is preparing for the funeral of Connor when I think the sky will turn very black indeed.  I have tugged hard on my faith this week in order to be the supportive parent I so need to be at this time.  Last night Pete and I watched the most amazing spectacle from Mother Nature.  With a full moon taking centre stage a jet stream high above us blew the clouds along at a rate rarely seen.  There was barely a puff of wind at ground level so it seemed a little unreal.  Looking skyward has always helped me through the difficult times because I always feel that there is life up there somewhere and that there is so much more going on than we could possibly know.  Of course, Buddhism believes in reincarnation and I certainly believe that souls live on in some form or another.  So last night I let the drifting clouds carry Connor onwards to his next  great adventure and I felt the beginning of calm.  Grief is a complex emotion and  I have had my fair share of it this year but that is, of course, part of life and none of us can escape it. 
 
Photograph from David Newell 
 
I have found enormous comfort in photographs of the natural world and even on these greyest of days I can take myself off to look at the wonders of the world.  The two photographers on the One soul many hearts team take the most amazing shots.  They see things that others might miss and they capture it for us to share.  It is a rare and very special talent.  Today I saw this photograph taken by David and it made me think of how connected we all are.  Even with those departed from us can surely feel this connection.  David has a new flickr account and Lisa has had one for a while.  If you ever need to escape and the outside is grey and cold take a wander over to their flickr accounts and just breathe.  David and Lisa are two of the kindest people I know and I am always so grateful for their friendship.  Lisa lives in Canada but I have a little ambition in life and that is for the three of us to spend some real time together.  It will make a change from our virtual times. 
 
So as we start another week Scottish island mum is, perhaps, a little stronger than she was.  She can be the parent she needs to be and she can also jig with some considerable style.  Connor would, no doubt, roll his eyes just as Harry does.  Excellent. 
 
Until tomorrow. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment