Monday 19 August 2013

Day 231 - A much better day. xx

Monday 19th August

I am starting this new week as I mean to go on.  I am writing again and getting my focus back but I am allowing the odd moment to let my thoughts of Paul seep through.  Paul was excited about my writing and wanted me to do more so that is what I am going to do.  I am also hugely lifted by a telephone call with a friend who was also very close to Paul.  We shared some really funny memories and laughed and that helps at this time.  We probably all have a time in our lives that we reflect back on as being 'the best of times'.  Working every day with Paul and achieving things that shouldn't really have been possible was my 'best of times'  Scottish island mum has a little group of men that she totally adores and Paul was in that group.  We all construct a sense of 'family' as we travel through out lives and Paul was in my family so his death is a huge loss to me and the 'family' that did so much together.   I am working on my personal dedication to Paul and I am truly amazed at just how much we achieved back in the day.  I can clearly remember one conversation in the pub when we made a pact not to have anymore ideas for at least a year.  That lasted approximately two weeks.  I love to bounce off people and I love new ideas.  When I think of Paul I keep getting an image of those orange space hopper things and we are happily bouncing along and laughing.  It is a good image so I am going to keep hold of it. 


Going about my day has been easier today and I was so pleased to take George and Max to a small art exhibition which included work by our lovely filmmaker Mollie.  Is it fair that one person should have so much talent?  I think it might be because she knows what to do with it.  Using paint as her medium she has created some unique and spellbinding botanical art which is worthy of exhibiting and sharing.  Only 17 years old and overflowing with talent.  Mollie writes a blog once a week which is a fascinating account of transition from school to the real world and a must read if you want to understand young people.  This will not be the last time Scottish island mum writes about Mollie.


This afternoon I met a lovely lady called Lynn who is on holiday on the island and wanted to meet Scottish island mum.  I always love meeting readers and finding out all about them.  Lynn is a retired social worker who is diving into her retirement with great enthusiasm.  She is a talented artist and writer who is also an experienced meditator.  So there were lots of points of connections and I do hope to feature some of her writings on my new site One soul many hearts when it is launched in October.   I have had lots of submissions for shared writings so far but there is always room for more.  I am looking for short pieces of writing written from the heart and focusing on something positive.  Do visit my site and see what the categories are and message me if you would like to get involved. 


Lynn is engaged with art journaling which regular readers will know I have a passion for.  Art journal pages always sow the seeds for further creative investigations but we don't always know what they are straight away.  I think it is important to be patient with art journaling and let the pages speak to you in their own time.  I wrote an article last year about journaling and recently posted it on my personal blog.  I believe that Lynn is right on the edge of something exciting but I am not sure what that is.  I do love that she has just had a couple of tattoos done and I am thinking I need to get on with this.  I risk the outcome that Molly or Harry are going to beat me to it and that would never do.  It was a lovely way to spend an afternoon and I hope Lynn and I will stay in contact so I can see where her journey takes her. 

I have spent more time today writing my new courses and I have the stirrings of excitement once again.  For years I have been searching for courses like the ones I am currently working on.  Little did I know it was down to me to produce them.  It is sometimes easy to miss what is staring right at you.

So, a much more productive day and finding my sabbatical rhythm once again which I think is important.  It is a lovely warm afternoon on the island so I am off to harvest again.  This is the year when we launch our Whimsical Wreath business so the more I can cut and dry the better.  Note to self - speak to Mum about her hydrangea heads.

Until tomorrow.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment