Friday 2 August 2013

Day 214 - Nature's light show. xx

Friday 2nd August

Molly and I are finally home after a pretty difficult journey.  Molly was a complete star and did all she could to help but I was struggling from the off.  It was hard for Molly to say goodbye to her beloved Eigg but she absolutely knows she will be back.  On our final night the island graced us with a spectacular sunset and we will be eternally grateful.

It went on for well over an hour and I have a feeling everyone on the west coast of the island was doing the same thing; standing and staring at just how beautiful nature is. 

I am sure my travels will take me to many new places but I very much doubt whether many places will touch my soul the way Eigg did.  The land and the people that live there have shown me a way of being that transcends modern life and reminds me of what life is all about.  I will be forever in their debt. 


The journey back to Glasgow was long and tiring and we didn't get into a hot and sticky Glasgow until late in the evening.  We stayed over and then did the minimum of shopping before returning to Arran.  When I began this year long blog I promised myself that it would be an honest reflection of my daily life so I will not deny that the last two days have been a real challenge.  I have to rethink my life a little because public transport is possibly beyond me now.  Thankfully I have several people that want to do some travelling with me and I know would be very happy to drive.  So this exhausted and tearful Scottish island mum still has a plan. 

It is lovely to be back on Arran and it will just take a few days to get my sense of humour back.  It is a beautiful sunny evening and I do hope you all have some super plans for the weekend.  Tomorrow we have our old Nanny and her delightful family visiting the island so that will be very special.  On Sunday I am at the Victorian day at the castle with my partner in crime, Angie. 


I do not want my current ill health to take anything away from my trip to the Isle of Eigg.  It was far beyond memorable and I will return, I am sure. 

Wishing you all a lovely weekend,

Until tomorrow.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment