Saturday 3 August 2013

Day 215 - Good night. xx

Saturday 3rd August

After a difficult night the sun greeted another beautiful day on the island.  I woke to more messages than I have been able to reply to as yet.  I am so incredibly grateful for the kind thoughts expressed in the messages and just want to reassure everyone that Scottish island mum will fight another day.  I have had several messages from readers who have offered to drive me when I continue my writing assignment to the Scottish Isles and that is so very kind.  Sarah from Dundee reads my blog daily and she says what she wants to offer because she wants to help but she also wants me to keep writing as she enjoyed the pieces from Eigg so much.  We have chatted today and she has gone on to give me some interesting feedback on where she sees the future of Scottish island mum.  I love that readers feel they have a stake in the site and so they should. 

I have had a good chat with my family and I have accepted that I have some adjustments to make if I am to be able to travel in the future.  No family wants their mother returning in that sort of state of exhaustion so I have taken their views very seriously.  They also re-affirmed that they know how important my independence is so we can, I feel, more forward now.  I am completely useless at asking for help and this has created a problem for which I can only apologise.  I accept that my illness now means some things are beyond me without help.  I can be so stubborn and this is not a good example to set my children. So lots of learning has been done over the past couple of days. 

Today has all been about getting ready for my stall at the Victorian day at the castle tomorrow.  Last minute things always take so long but I think I am ready.  Molly is kindly coming with me so all will be well. 

Even with all the upset I have felt personally by lunchtime it was all forgotten as my darling son, Max, needed his mum.  His very elderly rabbit was dying and we sat with him until the end.  Molly took charge of events and was so very strong just when we needed her to be.  There were tears but Max was very brave so the rest of us had to be.  He adored his rabbit and could often be found down the garden telling his rabbit about his day.  Good night Smoky. 


This is not a very good  blog for which I apologise but the day has got away from me and our old Nanny is due here any minute.  It has been over ten years since we last saw her and she was a massive part of our lives when the children were small.  I will have some lovely tales to tell as the week unfolds. 

Thank you once again and this girl promises to do very much better. 

Until tomorrow.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment