Tuesday 8 October 2013

Day 281 - What have I taken on? xx

Tuesday 8th October

I am quite likely to be writing on the wrong blog here such is the state of my head!  It felt like a good idea to establish a virtual haven where inspiration could be shared and I am hoping it is still a good idea.  My brain has completely shut down but I am quietly confident that the site will be ready by about 4pm on Friday.  I would ask that you don't peek at it now as content is being added all the time and I would like you to see the finished article.  I am hugely grateful for those that have given me feedback thus far and I have tried to take it all on board and make the necessary changes.  I am quite sure the site will be tweaked as we go and, of course, new content will be added on a very regular basis. 
The lead photograph for the new site taken by David Newell. 

I have put together what I believe to be a good balance of submissions for the launch and I still have lots more to add in the coming weeks so do not worry if your submission is not there on Friday.  I will want the site to 'sit' for a while to let people explore it before adding new content.  If you are inspired to make a submission I have added a page to guide you in that process.  All submissions are very welcome. 

I am sure some people will question the editorial role on this site as it is, essentially, a sharing platform.  I think we could all quote examples of websites that have been established as a place for sharing where they have quickly sunk into negativity and, worse, unkindness.  There is no place for either of these on my new site and by having an editor I think we shall all benefit from positivity through inspirational submissions.  That is the plan anyway!

I have managed to add a bookstore to the site which will feature all the books that are referenced on the site or fed into the site in some way.  The store is linked to Amazon making purchasing easier.  I have also included 4 specific slots for recommended texts that are current to the content at the time the site is live.  I am hoping these options will give readers the chance to extend their knowledge on issues raised by people who have contributed to the site. 

I am grateful to all the sponsors who have already offered to support the site and I am sure mutually beneficial outcomes will be evident very quickly.   This has been quite a journey.  Although I have written this blog for the best part of the year my website skills are fairly limited and tasks that should be simple have taken me ages.  I have it all to do again as I migrate Scottish island mum to its new home early next year.  I must be bonkers!

I have added all the people who have emailed me regarding home school to a distribution list so, as this project moves forward, I can keep you in the loop even if Scottish island mum has not had its re-launch.  I had a good crop of emails from parents who don't want to home school but would still be interested in the ebook as a way of adding value to their child's education and that is very pleasing.  We shall be quite the little community once I have created a dedicated space for this topic. 

I am cold, tired and hungry and desperate to get off this laptop so I will say no more today. 

Until tomorrow. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment