Friday 4 October 2013

Day 277- need to love Fridays again. xx

Friday 4th October

I have struggled with Fridays for a while and it used to be my favourite day of the week but today was better.  I had lunch with two lovely friends and I just let the rest of the day find me.  It has been such a busy week that I needed to just accept that Friday would just happen.  Everything took longer than it normally takes but in the end there isn't much we can do about that. 


I have managed a Skype chat with Molly which was a delight as usual.  Her life has eased into year 3 at university and she is stepping up to the challenge.  We will be seeing her soon to celebrate her 21st birthday so there is much to look forward to. 

The boys spent the morning making cards for a dear family member who has just had to have her little dog put down.  They wanted to do something so we agreed a card would be a nice touch with a personal message contained within.  Losing a family pet is always so difficult and we all felt it.  Dillon was a very good age and had had a wonderful life so that helps. 

It was a lovely day on the island as the sun make an appearance again after all the rain.  I so need to get out into the tunnel and do a big clearing job this weekend and harvest the last of the green tomatoes for chutney making.  I am thinking that this will be my weekend and the rest of life will have to wait until Monday.  Does this sound like a good plan? 

Whatever you have planned I do hope it will be relaxing and recharge the batteries.  Important, I think and I promise to try and love Fridays again. 

Until tomorrow. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment