Thursday 3 October 2013

Day 276 - Bit of a catch up. xx

Thursday 3rd October

I did want to start by thanking you for all the supportive messages over my new writing role.  This is going to be a real challenge.  Let me just say that what we hear through the media is far from the truth at least where Syria is concerned.  The problem is that I find that shocking enough so the real truths are even harder to deal with.  I am going to have toughen up a bit and focus on the tasks in hand and know that I am doing something to help.  If I ponder too long on the situation it breaks my heart. 
Photographed by David Newell.

I am thrilled with the level of interest in my online courses for next year.  I have quite a few emails asking for more information.  As soon as One soul many hearts is launched I will focus on producing the outlines for the two new courses and deciding on start dates.  Meditation through Writing is a six month course with an ebook to work through each month and you need to sign up for the whole course but can pay monthly.  I will be sending out paypal invoices once a month so that should help to spread the costs.  Mindfulness Gardening is my new flagship online course and it will run for 12 months but each month is discreet so you don't have to do all the months.  Language of Flowers is (I think) a 6 month course that will cover spring and summer and, again, each month is discreet so you can chose the months you want to do or do all six.  Each ebook comes with exercises to try and activities to engage in including a journal to keep track of your progress.  There will a private facebook group available for you to chat with other students and I am always available via email for support.  No course will cost more than £10 per month so I hope that they represent good value for money.  Students currently studying on the Meditation through Writing course have given incredibly positive feedback and many of them are about to be published on my new site One soul many hearts.  I will have to limit the numbers on each course to ensure that I can devote enough time to support students so if you are interested just email and I can at least put you on the mailing list. 

I have done a bit of a U turn though.  I am going to be running these new courses through Scottish island mum rather than One soul many hearts.  I will have links available from One soul many hearts though so we can all know what is going on.  In 2014 Scottish island mum will become a personal site where I can continue to share my various projects although I won't be blogging daily.  One soul many hearts will be a sharing platform and, although I am the editor, the success of it will depend on the sharing.  I must be doing something right as I am continuing to attract sponsorship for the site and have 3 news sponsors to add to the growing list.   I do want to make good use of my readership reach and support small businesses at the same time.  I am still on the look out for small businesses that make their own gift products for a feature I am writing to be published by the end of October.  If you know anyone that fits that bracket do pass on my details and I can include them, their products and web links in the piece. For me, an extensive readership reach is something that should be used in a positive and productive manner.  If I am honest though I do not know how Scottish island mum developed such a following.  Actually, I wouldn't mind some feedback on that.  I would be really interested in your  views on why you think this little blog has attracted so much attention. Just comment below or message me if you can help.  Thank everso.  xx


 
 
I just have two pages to finish and then One soul many hearts is ready to go.  I would love it if it launched with a bit of a fizz and a pop so will be asking you all to share the site with as many people as possible.  I want to develop a community of readers who might also be contributors from time to time.  I want us all to feel that we have a stake in it as this will guarantee its success.  The reason for establishing an editorial role is simply to ensure that all content remains positive and inspirational.  I want it to be a life affirming site and I think that needs some careful management.  I also want it to be a place for new writers, photographers, artists etc.  It should be a supportive place where people can dip their toe in sharing their work to a wider audience and I do hope we will all make supportive and constructive comments.  So, ultimately I will be calling upon the supporters of Scottish island mum to share some of that support with One soul many hearts and share, share, share!  Somebody said to me yesterday 'I would never have written anything unless you hadn't nagged me and now there is no stopping me'.  Her work is excellent and you will love it and I will be able to rest my case.....I believe that we are all creative but some people have not found their creative voice and this site should encourage us to have a go. 

Scottish island mum will be continuing to extend its charity projects and I know a lot of you like to get involved with these so the new site will dedicate a whole section to sharing the latest projects and their developments.  I also know that many readers like to hear about the smallholding while others are more interested in the home schooling so these too will have more space on the new site.  Those of you who know me well will know that I am guilty of having too many ideas.  Lunch with a friend today and she said 'the bug that is Fiona'.  I like that, I do.  So I will be dedicating part of the site to a space for ideas, not all of which I will be carrying forward but it might be that readers would like to pick them up as ideas for them.  Max observed the other day that a cement mixer lorry has to keep mixing the cement or it will harden into concrete.  Think of this bit of the site as my cement mixer as it will keep moving. 

The overall structure of the site will be driven by the four seasons which are my complete and utter passion.  The changing seasons keep life exciting and familiar both at the same time and I do hope that the new Scottish island mum will offer the same outcome.  As a grower I live by the seasons and, over the years, they have all earned their own place deep in my soul.  Winter is my favourite season as it is the time when I have the most ideas and energy.  It is also the season of dramatic weather which is keenly felt by living on a small island.  Scottish island mum will be doing her fair share of travelling over the next few years so I will be able to share my journeys with my readers.  I am always on the hunt for people to tell their tales of places they have been that have moved them in some way.  Small corners of the world on my new site needs more support so do share if you can. 

Goodness, a bit of an updating blog today.  Me thinks it is probably where I am at the moment.  With my new peace keeping writing job I need to make some space and that is easier said than done. I am mulling it over but I am reluctant to let anything go so it is proving very difficult.  Someone just needs to extend the day by another 12 hours and all would be well.  Note my shiny new buttons on the sidebar of this site making it easier to link to my facebook, twitter, pinterest and flickr pages.  Then below this post as buttons for you to share this blog with your networks.  I am never telling anyone how long it took me to work out how to add these!  Shockingly bad at such things. 

Remember to let me know if you are interested in any of the online courses. 

Until tomorrow. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment