Wednesday 13 March 2013

Day 72- rewired connections and lucky bunny rabbits.

Wednesday 13th March

Another beautiful day on the island with buckets of sunshine and all the joy that that brings.  Pete took the boys for home school and continued the mapping exercises.  A couple of years ago all three boys walked round the island in four stages.  That is over 50 miles of coastal walking and Max was only 11.  It was a massive achievement and Pete has managed to connect their current studies to that experience.  A told you he is a genius teacher.  They were handling quite complex concepts with ease as they were so engaged with the task.  It gave me a morning off to catch up with my virtual work.  I do so much online and I had got to the stage when some of my connections were a little broken and I needed to spend some time updating and reconnecting.  I did want to be outside but I am glad that I stuck to my task because I feel that life is more peaceful now.  I don't like broken connections.

I then took myself off for a swim and lunch at the spa.  Such a lovely bit of the week and I always treasure it.  I don't often go on my own but I do value those times.  It is not a rejection of my family, just a need not to talk or connect with anyone for a while. It nearly went wrong though because a guy in the pool kept trying to engage me in conversation.   I would tell you what he looked like if I could but without my glasses there is no chance.  So, I can't even be sure whether I should have been flattered.  Anyway, he never got the chance to flatter me because every time I finished a length I started another one straight away.  I was knackered by the end and a bit grumpy with him.  I got out and he got out at the same time.  After showering and praying silently that he wouldn't be in the bar when I got there I was disappointed.  There he was sitting right by the door.  I never lifted my eyes and just shuffled onwards.  You might be wondering how I knew it was him. That was easy.  I just suspected to start with then he got up and moved to the bar.  I recognised the way he walked.  I may not be able to see faces without my glasses but I can always recognise movement. That will be all the dance training - knew it would come in handy one day.

After a comforting egg mayonaise sandwich to cheer myself up I left and went to visit a friend.  Regular readers have already met the lovely Lynn.  She gave me the most glorious sewing machine for my new studio and, by way of a thank you, I sewed some herbal gifts for her.   Lynn is  a very clever and determined lady and we have discovered that we have quite a lot in common. She is going to cut the ribbon at my Open Studio tea party on 27th April. I am hoping that some of her creativity and inner strength will be left with my little space. 

If you have time you might want to read my update on my 37 gifts of kindness page because it was an important day in this most interesting of challenges.  The conversion from thought to deed is at the heart of it andI feel sure my Buddhist teacher would be proud of me.  Actually, I am proud of me.  Now I just need to keep up the good work.

Speaking of work....the butterfly tree project is growing by the day.  I have never been afraid of hard work though and dad promised me it wouldn't kill me.  Lynn saves small change and she has given over £12.00 of the little darlings to the fund so we are off and running before the launch. I have also had several donations for our first raffle.  Such kindness. 

I will set up a separate page for the Butterfly Tree in due course so you can keep up with progress. Anything you feel you can do would be so gratefully received.  Right now I am looking for raffle prizes and the aim is to have prizes that are handmade if possible.  If it has a link to butterflies that would be perfect, but we can't always have perfect. 

I was sent this photo today from one of the lovely ladies on my flower school at the weekend.  How super is that?  Gerry made this display at th course and it still looks wonderful. 


So a lovely lovely day and I am a lucky bunny rabbit. I wonder what tomorrow will bring?  Dare say you will find out. 

Until tomorrow xx

Picture is of the steps inside Lochanza Castle....bit of a clue.  xx










 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment