Sunday 17 March 2013

Day 76 - channels of peace. A thoughtful post.

Sunday 17th March



I don't want to say much today.  I don't think I have to say much.  A very dear friend of mine is struggling with a challenging time in his life.  There is not much I can do to help but I have turned to my favourite hymn Make me a Channel of Your Peace for some support.  This hymn is based on the prayer from St Francis.

Make me a channel of your peace,
Where there is hatred, let me bring Your love,
Where there is injury, Your pardon Lord,
And where there's doubt, true faith in You
Make me a channel of your peace,

Where there's despair in life let me bring hope,
Where there is darkness - only light,
And where there's sadness, ever joy
Oh Master, grant that I may never seek,
So much to be consoled as to console,
To be understood, as to understand,
To be loved, as to love with all my soul
Make me a channel of your peace,

It is in pardoning that we are pardoned,
In giving to all men that we receive,
And in dying that we're born to eternal life
Buddhism also talks of making channels of peace and I use various techniques in meditation to help me achieve this.  Buddhism has also taught me about the potential of re-birth.  You don't have to be religious to have belief.  So I hope you will all join me by sending out channels of peace.  Have a peaceful Sunday afternoon and evening. xx



No comments:

Post a Comment