Saturday 16 March 2013

Day 75 - a little piece of the virtual world punching way above its weight....

Saturday 16th March




It is my mother's birthday today so it is a good day in our family.  She and her partner are coming over for supper and the presents are wrapped and the hoovering has been done.

My kitten has taken to waking me very early by sticking her face in mine and not taking 'no' for an answer.  She could only be my cat.  The early start was also greeted with a wonderful email from Fiona Frank, the niece of the wonderful artist Hannah Frank.  We are working up a project to create an original digital dance piece that can accompany exhibitons of this great artist's work.  Fiona has offered to donate half the purchase price of any purchase of a Hannah Frank print to the Butterfly Tree charity project in Zambia.  It is a wonderful offer not least because you will end up with a stunning piece of art and also contribute to the inspirational work by Jane and her team.  This little blog has brought those worlds together and I will be forever grateful.  I could not have known that these connections would be made but I could not be more pleased.  This little piece of the virtual world has attracted more than 4000 page views since it began its journey on the first of January.  This is very humbling as the blog is starting to make a real difference to real lives and we can't ask more than that from the little thing.  Bless it and bless all of you who have made this start to happen.  Let  us see where it takes us next....

George is baking in the kitchen so all is well with the world.  He is a truly amazing baker and he is now starting to get requests for his cake for local events.  He bakes for all my courses and everyone always comments on how wonderful the cakes are.  I have known some people sign up to new courses so they can have more cake!  Baking is in his soul and it is his gift and we hope to encourage this into even bigger and better things. 

On the Hannah Frank project I have my first dancer recruited but there are still five places available.  I am looking for women who have little or no previous dance experience but are moved by the work of Hannah Frank.  It will take 3 days to create the piece and this could well be your chance to visit the island if you are not local.  Please get in touch if you would like to be part of this enchanting project.

It is cold on Arran today so I am off to light my fire and check on cake proceedings.  Do you think George will let me lick the bowl?  Harry and Max are nearer the kitchen than me so I suspect I am far too late.  You have to be quick in this family!

Until tomorrow. xx

Pics are of original silks from 2011 - series entitled 'Shore in Seascapes'

No comments:

Post a Comment