Sunday 21 April 2013

Day 111 - the promise of a tree complete with butterflies!

Sunday 21st April

Another busy day and I am thinking it will be like this for a while. I am starting to tick things off my 'to do' list and trying hard not to add any new jobs. We have had a sunny but cold day and I am always grateful for the sun.

My lovely Kev has had a wonderful response to his piece about his family yesterday. He not only had over 200 page views but lots of lovely comments. The poor man has started his own blog and I fear I may be partly responsible! I have added it to my favourites section on the sidebar on the right of this post. I am, of course, wishing him every success with it and I am so looking forward to reading his writing.

We have our butterfly tree ready for next Saturday's tea party and we even have butterflies on it! Butterflies are arriving in the post and I am going to be doing lots of thank yous to lots of people. We have turned the front aspect of the studio into the beginnings of a beach garden but the planting is not yet done. I am using the raised beds that Max made with his Dad and I have had a word with the plants in the tunnel to ensure they are ready for planting later in the week.

The boys worked really hard yesterday and the studio is really coming together.....just in time.

The most wonderful raffle prizes are arriving on a daily basis so I am really confident that the raffle will be a hit.

The whole week is now devoted to getting ready so we just need some dry days to make the whole process easier.

I am one for the detail and I was down on my knees placing each piece of sea glass and shell in the spaces between the steps. I so need to have a word with myself.

George and Max practiced making butterfly cakes while I was away so we are all set to go on the cake front. Pete has been put in charge of tea! There will be a couple of creative activities set up for the afternoon. The children will get the chance to make their own paper butterflies on sticks and the adults will get the chance to make their very own prayer flag. It is just a little hint of the creative work we hope to offer from Hazelbank. I have made and labelled all my crafts and I have also made some pieces just for the charity.

Mollie, of course, will be here filming all afternoon and then I will add a link to the final film on a future blog post. I have had some emails asking me if I would accept donations. These are mainly from off islanders and I am hugely grateful. If you would like to make a contribution to this fundraising campaign on behalf of the Butterfly Tree charity just message me and I will give you details.

I am of a view that it will all come together because it always has before. The Doubleday family are well rehearsed in events and everyone always makes sure it goes well. With that firmly in the front of my mind I refuse to get stressed. I want us all to enjoy this campaign and make as much money for the charity as possible. If you haven't joined the charities facebook page it is well worth it. The founder of the charity, Jane, keeps us all updated with current projects and new targets. It is easy to see how much difference this charity makes to the communities in Zambia.

I am off to hopefully tick off more things off my list. Although I have individual thanks to make may I just take this opportunity to thank those of you who have donated raffle prizes and made butterflies. We simply couldn't do this without you.

Until tomorrow. xx

No comments:

Post a Comment