Wednesday 6 November 2013

Day 310 - super, super friends. Xx

Wednesday 6th November
Sometimes there is nothing more bonkers than three women having lunch. Donna, Di and myself had lunch and sort of took root. It happens. Southsea has a lovely oasis of small independent shops and one of the best coffee shops I have ever been to. We had a lovely lunch and an even lovelier chat. The three of us are friends from old but we are also members of a little group of ladies who share a virtual home and we do know how to have fun. So lunch was fun and it was so good to catch up with them and make plans for the future.
A big part of the future is a walk for charity along the West Highland Way which is 100 miles of quite demanding terrain. It was an ambition to walk that at one stage of my life but I recently had to accept that 100 miles may not be possible so I had the idea of a tag team and these girls are joining me. We haven't nominated the charity yet but we have decided that it will be in the last couple of weeks in September 2014. Donna and Di can train together down here and a bunch of us have started training north of the border. Some walkers have already indicated that they would like to walk the full 100 miles. I will walk as far as possible.
I have talked about this project before and I will do again as it continues to take shape. If you would like to be involved but can't attend the walk you can become a 'spiritual walker'. This allows you to join another actual walker and between you you can raise funds for the charity. I already have a couple of photographers doing parts of the walk. I have also commissioned a wonderful young lady who lives in Canada to create art based in the images we post online. I have lots of other people in my sights so pester power will come into action very soon. If I am honest I remain overwhelmed by the support already shown for the project. It is becoming important to involve as many young people as possible and all my children will be walking and Di and Donna began thinking about getting some of their children involved.

I also want people to write about their experience as a way of sharing the project as far and wide as possible so there are so many different ways people can get involved. If you want to help just drop
me a quick message and we can find a role that would suit you best. Once back on the island next week I will be setting up a facebook group so that everyone can start sharing ideas and connecting with each other. This is to be a team effort that I am sure will be completely uplifting.
So, some of the lunch was just about belly laughing and other bits were about putting three heads together to talk over the emerging plans. I am sure that combination is what makes the world go around. It was also an ideal tonic the day before Paul's memorial where I suspect life will feel a little crushing. I haven't yet accepted that Paul has gone so I am no where near ready to say good bye.
Tis important to thank the girls for today and the support they always show me. We had the most fun planning a small trip to Dublin next year where there will be frocks, a bit of lipstick and lots and lots of cackling. The complete joy that is friendship.

Until tomorrow. Xx

No comments:

Post a Comment