Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 222 - The highland was flung. xx

Saturday 10th August

Tis Highland Fling time on Arran as we arrive at the grounds for the Highland Games about 8.30am.  This is a big day for the island and one of our biggest selling days of the year.  This year I have joined with Sugar and Spice and the lovely Angie and I have to say it was so much easier as a result.  Angie and I think the same way and the friendship is effortless.





















Just as I had unloaded everything from the car the rain came on and Pete and Angie had to get that gazebo up pretty fast.  Gazebo up and cup of tea and cake in hand we began to set up the stand.  The effortless friendship spills into an effortless working relationship and it was soon looking just lovely.  We both make lovely things using contemporary fabrics and I also make soy candles.  Angie makes these wonderful clocks - I have one in my studio and love it. 


From the off we were busy and this continued all afternoon.  We were so tired and in desperate need of tea just as Pete and the boys arrived so tea was made and sense of humours restored.  The day didn't finish until almost 5pm to it is a long day but the rain stayed off and we both sold really well.  I think that With Love from Arran and Sugar and Spice do really well side by side and it is something I am sure we will continue.  Angie has it much more difficult than me as she works from home with a baby and an eight year old.  Her husband works a way a lot so I was thrilled that she sold so well.  Angie is a remarkably talented lady so do pop over and like her facebook page







And now breathe......sabbatical starts here!  Nothing else in the diary until a flower course towards the end of the month so there is no excuse not to get healthy.  Molly has gone off again for yet another placement this time with the RSPB and the Ospreys.  She is with them for a week before heading off to her final placement and then home for a few weeks rest before our family holiday. 

I may just disappear into my studio or tunnel and get lost for a good few days.  But first, there is sleep. 

Until tomorrow.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment