Saturday 7 December 2013

Day 341 - Tis done! xx

Saturday 7th December

I am all Christmas excited  following an excellent market at Whiting Bay.  These guys really know how to put on an excellent market.  Warm mince pies, brass band, fairy lights and lots more beside.  With Love from Arran and Whimsical Willow sold really well and I have very little left which is just how I like it.  For the second year running I have judged my stock levels really well so I must be doing something right.  I will be putting a few bits and pieces on my With Love from Arran facebook page and then that is me done. 


We couldn't be happier with the launch of Whimsical Willow as out of the 60 wreaths and wreath bases made we have about 6 left!  I have enough to do a wreath making workshop on Wednesday and so if I get any orders it will be back out to coppicing.  I really want to find some time now to extend my skills working the withies so that I can make products suitable for weddings and funerals and get them photographed. 

As we end a very successful year I want to take some time to acknowledge my partner in crime, Angie.  Angie's little business is called Sugar & Spice and regular readers will be familiar with her and her products already.  This has been the first year of trading for Angie and as the year has progressed we have done more and more events together.  It has been a complete honour to stand beside Angie and I am so incredibly proud of all her achievements.  She deserves every bit of success and I wish her well for the future.  I also have a business proposition for her but that will wait until we are recovered from the Christmas frenzy.  Keep an eye on Sugar and Spice's facebook page because she too will be selling off her last bits and pieces. 

My cat is staring at me the way she does when she is trying to tell me something.  I am slowly learning to speak cat language and I think she is telling me that enough is enough and it is now time to have a wee rest.  She is, of course, right.  My poor old body has been objecting for days and I am aware I have pushed it way too hard and I will probably pay for that in the coming days.  But think how much worse it could be if we hadn't done well.....

So, I am off to have a rest and read a magazine because I can.

Until tomorrow xx
PS (!) Meant to say thanks so much for the lovely feedback on my piece about Nelson Mandela.  It is always so very kind of you to take time to comment or message me.  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment