Monday 25 March 2013

Day 84 - dash to blog


Monday 25th March

I am sitting in the Auchrannie as they have a generator so the whole island is here!  They have kindly allowed us all to shower as well.  Things could be much worse.  I understand some people have already been airlifted off with suffering from hyperthermia and that is a symptom of how bad it is.

We are promised some power via generators ASAP but it will be weeks until we are on mains power again.  Molly is studying next to me and we are making the necessary adjustments in order to continue our lives as normally as possible.  The house is freezing and sleeping is difficult.  My pain is pretty bad but I am choosing to ignore that for the time being.

There are various locations offering free hot food and we did have a lovely curry last night via the village hall in whiting bay.  I can't really get my head round how much snow has fallen on the western side but that is where the problem lies.  They can't get the equipment through at the moment. Whiting bay had no lying snow so it is like living in a bubble.

A major part of my life is virtual and my writing deadlines are becoming a problem but I have now got a place to recharge my iPad so I should be able to cope for the duration now.  I can see loads of messages on facebook so I am off to let everyone know we are all coping.  Importantly, we are all together and I am holding onto my lovely children very tightly.  Mainly cos they are warmer than me!

Until tomorrow xx

No comments:

Post a Comment